Neck Pain Relief:
treatment by a Chiropractor
How We Treat Neck Pain
The first step is a detailed medical examination. We will consider your current symptoms, range of motion, and lifestyle. Then we administer neck pain treatment right away. In many cases, chiropractic adjustments immediately restore normal joint alignment and take pressure away from nerves. Our other services can be included in a treatment: Massage encourages soft tissue healing. Acupuncture triggers natural endorphins. Physical therapy helps you rehabilitate.
Neck Pain's Many Possible Causes
- Cervical spinal degeneration
- age-related degeneration of the cervical spine
- Bulging discs
- vertebral discs lose their normal height and cushioning ability
- Pinched nerves
- spinal bones may press against nerve roots. You may experience additional pain in your arm, shoulder or hand
- Poor posture
- taking the form of “text neck”, prolonged periods where the spine is not properly supported
- the classic example of a neck injury. A car crash or other traumatic event whips the head violently forward and backward, causing strained muscles and herniated discs.
How does the neck get misaligned?
How does neck strain occur?
In our digital age, stability is often compromised for mobility. We perform less and less labor that requires strong movements and instead hold sustained positions for work. (read about Text Neck) The muscles of the neck lack movement, and lose muscle tone. Many people strain their necks merely as the result of having bad posture working in front of a computer monitor, or standing for long periods without moving.
When should I see a chiropractor for neck stiffness?
What If I have neck pain after sleeping?
If while sleeping, the wrong position can be maintained for hours – resulting in neck muscles becoming strained and tense. This can cause muscle spasms, which can misalign the vetebrae and irritate a nerve.