Sciatica Relief from Your
Midtown New York Chiropractor
Many of the patients who visit our NuView Health Medical practice with neck, back, or leg pain suffer from a mysterious condition called sciatica. In some cases, their discomfort is so pronounced that they cannot perform everyday activities. Our NYC chiropractor is able to offer natural treatment that helps bring relief without surgery or medication. Our office in Midtown New York is directly in front of Rockefeller Center. We serve Manhattan and are convenient to individuals in ZIPs 10017, 10019, 10020, 10022, and 10036.
Overview of Sciatica
The belief that sciatica is a specific condition is a misconception. More accurately, it is a symptom of a health disorder.
Discomfort occurs with compression or even irritation of the sciatic nerve, the largest nerve in the body. This nerve originates in the lower spine and runs down each buttock and leg.
Our doctor notes that several lower-back disorders are causes of the sciatic discomfort that patients experience:
- Lumbar herniated discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Degenerative disc disease
- Other disorders linked to this discomfort include piriformis syndrome, sacroiliac joint dysfunction, pregnancy, muscle strain, and scar tissue. Rarely, healthcare providers attribute it to a spinal tumor, an infection, or a spinal fracture. Carrying extra weight and using any type of nicotine are risk factors.
- Patients often describe the problem as:
- Continual discomfort in one buttock or leg
- Worsening discomfort when seated
- Searing pain, tingling, or burning in a leg
- Numbness; weakness; or trouble moving a leg, foot, or toes
- Difficulty walking or standing due to discomfort
- Radiating pain down a leg and sometimes into the foot and the toes
Chiropractic Treatment Options
The goal of our doctor is encouraging the body to heal itself and bring relief from sciatic discomfort. During a physical exam, chiropractors check the spine for any irregularities that could cause back, hip, or neck problems. Spinal adjustment and manual manipulation play an important role in chiropractic treatment of this condition.
A patient’s customized treatment plan might also include ice/cold application for discomfort, physical therapy, acupuncture, ultrasound therapy, and/or massage services.
Schedule a Consultation with Our Manhattan Chiropractor
Is sciatica interfering with your favorite activities or your normal daily routine? Our NYC chiropractor, Dr. Alan Belsky, helps patients get relief from leg, neck, and back discomfort using non-invasive, drug-free treatment. We offer a full range of wellness therapies, including chiropractic or manipulative treatments, acupuncture, sports medicine, physical therapy, and massage. Call our NuView Health Medical practice today at (212) 588-0707 to schedule an appointment and start getting the relief you deserve. Our Midtown office is directly in front of Rockefeller Center and is very convenient to patients in ZIPs 10017, 10019, 10020, 10022, and 10036.